Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My first successful gluten free recipe I actually LOVE


Well I was looking for some gluten free recipes that don't take 40 ingredients and are more hassle then they are worth. I stumbled upon a few. Instead of trying them all I just merged a couple and made my own. And mighty successful may I add. My whole family liked them and I really like how you can substitute to your liking with raisins,  more or less apples, nuts, different milk. Love this recipe! And was surprisingly cheap and easy to make!I would have taken photos of them out of the pan but they didnt last very long before someone ate them all... oops!

Apple cranberry oatmeal muffins

2 Cups gluten free rolled oats (found at winco bulk section)
1/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tsp baking powder
2  Tsp cinnamon
1/4 Tsp salt
1 1/2 Cups coconut milk (or milk of your choice almond, skim, rice etc)
2 Tbs franch vanilla creamer
1/4 Cup applesauce
1/2 Cup egg whites
2 Apples cored and peeled and cut into small 1/2'' pieces
1/4 -1/2 Cup cranberries
optional - nuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. spray cupcake pan with cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl mix together oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.

In a separate bowl wisk together milk coconut milk, applesauce, and egg whites.

Add the wet ingredients to the oat mizture and mix until combined. Carefully fold in apple and cranberries.

Fill in prepared cupcake pan about 3/4 full. Bake for 30-40 min or untol tops are browned but not burnt. Remoce and let cool 10 min before transferring to cooling rack.

Optional- enjoy warm with additional toppings (nuts, brown sugar, milk etc) or pack in easy to go containers  to enjoy any time.


No comments:

Post a Comment